Tuesday, September 4, 2012

so-long sweet summertime...


Well, summer has come and gone.   Labor Day is past (time to put away those white shoes...oh, never mind, I don't have any white shoes, and frankly, I'm pretty sure there aren't really any fashion 'rules' anymore...have you looked around lately??)
credit

You may (or may not) have noticed that I took a break from blogging over the summer.  I toyed with the idea of posting, but decided to not place any extra 'expectations' on myself, so that I would be as free as possible to focus on just enjoying having my kids around (yes, I do actually enjoy it!), and to keep life as demand-free as possible.  Was I successful in THAT overall pursuit?  Well, that's entirely debateable.

One thing is for certain, I do feel a freshness and sense of clean slate with the start of every new school year.  A chance to, once again, shoot for organization, some feeling of schedule and order to our life...and it usually lasts for at least a week or two!!  Blogging wasn't the only thing I backed off from...I also seem to have slacked off (entirely too much) in meal planning, budgeting, planning...and generally being productive.  I'm kind of seeing the negative effects of all of that slacking, and so it's time to get back at it, and start whipping life back into some semblance of order.  It's gonna be so good...and healthy...and productive...

So uncharacteristic for me...




No comments: